Thread: maybe a defect T3i kit lens?

Unhappy maybe a defect T3i kit lens?

Hi, I purchased my first dslr 3 months ago, it a Canon T3i and I got it with the standard 18-55mm kit lens. the front cap comes with the kit lens is so loose that I lost it without knowing. I went and purchased a replacement on ebay, which also comes with a flower hood, and I also purchased a bower fisheye lens just for fun. The cap fits fine because it has a spring closure, however both the flower hood and the fisheye will not screw on. They are both slightly smaller then my lens but the are both 58mm, same as my kit lens. I got the hood and the fisheye from two different sellers, so I am thinking maybe my kit lens is a manufacturer defect? Any advise or solution please let me know. I am new to all this and know nothing, please don't beat me up.

Photo Contest Winner x 9 justinjavellana's Avatar
    Different lens hoods are made for specific lenses. Purchase the right one for whatever lenses you have.
    jnskyliner34

Canon EOS 3 |Canon EOS 60D
    EF-S 10-22mm | EF 50mm f/1.8 |EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 70-200mm f/4L
    YN 465 | YN RF-603

500px Profile:
    http://500px.com/justinjavellana

Quote Originally Posted by justinjavellana View Post
    Different lens hoods are made for specific lenses. Purchase the right one for whatever lenses you have.
    Justin is correct. You need the correct lens hood for an 18-55mm lens.
    EOS 7D/50D|Sigma 10-20mm f/2.8|Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8|Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6|Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro|Canon 70-200mm f/4L|Canon 50mm f/1.8|
    500PX
    Computer Forum