Thread: Compact Cameras

Compact Cameras

There are times when I just dont want to carry around a large camera, although I have a cheap panasonic and Nikon compact camera, they are a little old. I have been looking at some of the Samsung compacts with the dual screens, that looks to be a cool feature.
    In particular, something like the Samsung ST700
    http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/c...ail&returnurl=

Yeah, I think it would be interesting to have dual screens, however wouldn't this just make it twice as likely to break a screen if you're carrying it around in your pocket? Just a thought.

possibly, but hopefully the strength of the LED display would be comparable with mobile phones, which can take a battering inside your pocket.
    But mostly they seem to be softer, more like a monitor.
    I think its use would be more from the ability to take a self portrait, but I am not even sure if that is possible in the same way as is possible with a mobile phone.

This is true, and although I've never broken any screens in my life, I think that if you had anything else in your pocket other than this camera, the screens would likely get scratched. And although you do have a good point about taking a self portrait, most DSLRs allow for you to hook it up to a laptop with a live view, and if you use this in combination with a wireless remote, you can effectively do the same thing with much better quality
    -Geoff

i would suggest you to go with sony cameras... the NEX-7 in my opinion is best, it's a compect system camera which offers great control.. The Sony NEX-7 is easily the best camera Sony's ever made...

This thread attracts a lot of spammers, so I'm gonna close it.
    EOS 7D/50D|Sigma 10-20mm f/2.8|Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8|Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6|Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro|Canon 70-200mm f/4L|Canon 50mm f/1.8|
    500PX
    Computer Forum