Thread: Memory

Memory

I have always used the sandisk website for selecting my RAM and then buying instore.
    They have a nice selector which recommends memory for your camera. Just always done that out of habit.
    Crucial.com is where I buy my computer memory from, and they are awesome. They are owned by Lexar. I don't know why they dont have a similar selector tool for camera's and sell Lexar memory through the crucial site.

Administrator
    I usually purchase whatever name brand is on sale at buy.com.

When it comes to SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards, the higher the class, the faster the memory card will save your photos, thus giving you the ability to shoot more pictures faster. SD, SDHC and SDXC come in four classes. Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, and Class 10, I recommend at least Class 6, but all I use is Class 10. The brand name doesn't matter.

I personally only buy Sandisk cards for my cameras. Granted I only have 2 cards right now (1 4GB Ultra II and 1 8GB Extreme III) but when I purchase more in the future when I get a camera with a larger MP count and need that extra room, I'll be getting Sandisk for sure.

Photo Contest Winner x 9 justinjavellana's Avatar
    Stop bumping threads you noob! j/k

I too only use Sandisk cards. They haven't failed me yet including my 2 year old 4gb one. I currently use a 16gb Sandisk SDHC Extreme and I love it! I want to try the Lexar SDXC's someday.
    jnskyliner34

Canon EOS 3 |Canon EOS 60D
    EF-S 10-22mm | EF 50mm f/1.8 |EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 70-200mm f/4L
    YN 465 | YN RF-603

500px Profile:
    http://500px.com/justinjavellana

LOL to be honest I didn't realize this forum was even that old, I was under the impression that it was a fairly new forum so didn't think to check time stamps on the treads XD

Photo Contest Winner x 5 spirit's Avatar
    Thread bump!

I usually use a SanDisk Extreme 16GB 45MB/s card in my D3200 (holds 500 RAWs and about 4 hrs of HD video), but I also have a SanDisk Extreme 32GB 45MB/s card too (holds 1000 RAWs and 8 hrs of HD video).

In my older Fuji S4000 bridge camera I think I use a PNY 8GB card. Can't recall if it's definitely PNY or not or what the speed of the card is, but it's certainly 8GB and I've never filled it.
    Nikon D3200 | AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G VR DX | AF-S Nikkor 55-300mm 1:4.5-5.6G ED VR DX | 16GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s | 32GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s | Nikon ML-L3 IR Remote | Hahnel Triad 30 Lite Tripod | Rode VideoMic (with Rycote Lyre Mount) | Jessops 360AFD Flashgun | LowePro Nova 180 AW Bag